Sunday, January 30, 2011

Walking Buddy?

I know I said I don't do the hiking thing, but I do like long walks. In fact "Nana" has a story about a long walking date.

George (not his real name) and I had connected on a dating website (see they do work). We had done the email thing and progressed to calling on the phone several times a week. The bad part is he lives in another state.

But we threw caution to the wind and  decided we wanted to meet anyway. Last summer he came to visit for the weekend. Now, don't get any ideas, he stated in a hotel nearby.

Sorry, I'm suppose to be telling you about a walking date. Back to my story. I knew from our conversations George liked  to go walking. I even bought a pair of shoes that I thought were fashionable AND comfortable!! Well, girls that is still as much of a dream as finding the right man.

George and I did alot of walking, in parks and on the last day, along the beach. We walked and talked for miles. I thought I was prepared for the walking. My 'comfortable" and fashionable shoes... let's just say they are still fashionable, as for comfortable, hmmm not so much. I ended up with blisters on the back of my heels that lasted longer than the relationship, unfortunately.

Good thing I'll always be Somebody's Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment